Big, Big, God

Friday, May 05, 2006

We’ve been teaching a class in our JH group called 'Student Seminary.' We meet on Sunday afternoons for 3 classes, 2 hrs each. This is designed for the students who want to go to the next level of learning and thinking. I've been so encouraged by the students response to the teaching.

This session we have focused our attention on the Trinity. We're taking the 3 weeks and studying God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit. In this study, I have found my own heart once again overwhelmed by God. He is immense, indescribable, omniscient, omnipotent, eternal, and the list could continue on and on. Perhaps the most compelling, humbling and striking truth is the condescension of God. In light of His immensity, how is it possibly true that God looks to 'the one who is humble and trembles at his word.' (Is 66.2). God was under no obligation to make Himself known and certainly did not owe us an audience with Him. Yet, even in his greatness and immensity, He chose to allow us to be made right with HIM!

2 comments:

Allen said...

Gavin,

Sorry I never got back to you on the NP issue. I have also heard that Wilson was into that. I've read a couple of things but honestly haven't looked into his involvement too much. I like some of what Wilson has to say but I definitely have some reservations about his writings, not just in NP issues. He's over the top on some major issues, in my opinion. Wilson is a great writer and a great thinker on many issues but he has some odd doctrinal stances.

Hayden said...

Allen,

Wow! Seminary for JH students. I have to say that I am a bit green with envy. Just wanted to say hi and let you know that you are encouraging someone in Michigan.